Take the Test
Do you have Candida? There at two simple home tests you can do that indicate Candida overgrowth.
- The Saliva Test
- Pour water in a clear glass at night before bedtime and set it on your bed stand.
- First thing in the morning, work up some saliva and spit it into the glass of water. Check every 15 minutes for 1 hour. Normally, your saliva should disappear in the water.
- If you have a Candida overgrowth issue, you will see any of these three formations:
- Strings like jellyfish traveling down from the saliva floating on top
- Particles or cloudy specks suspended in the water
- Cloudy saliva sinking to the bottom of the glass
- The Candida Assessment Appraisal
- Check any of the symptoms that pertain to you in both the first and second sets of symptoms listed below. Add your number of check marks in each category to get your totals, which will determine your Candida score and what it means. You can use the level of your Candida overgrowth as a guide to assist you in determining your personal Candida recovery program.
The Candida Assessment Appraisal
After checking your symptoms, add both scores from Set One and Set Two together and get your score from the chart below.
+ = Your Score
Below 6: No yeast overgrowth
7 to 12: Minimal yeast overgrowth
13 to 20: Moderate yeast overgrowth
21 and higher: Severe yeast overgrowth
Dr. King's Helpful Tips
- Use a Candida-control diet – eliminate or cut way back on alcohol, and sugary, yeasty, and starchy foods; it may not be long-term, but at least until your body gains the upper hand. Remember, it's the Candida that craves it, not your body.
- Eat a well-balanced, whole-food diet with good fats, lean protein, and plenty of natural fiber such as whole grains and green veggies to bind toxins in the colon for elimination.
- Drink plenty of pure water – one formula for how much water to drink daily: Your body weight divided by 2 = the number of ounces per day
- Perspiration and saunas to help the skin eliminate toxins
- Deep breathing and exercise circulates oxygen – Candida doesn't like oxygen
- Wear clothes made of natural fibers – nylon underwear increases Candida risk